Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I say YEAH to Netflix! (revised)

You might be asking yourself, what does one do while on bed rest for 12 weeks? Contrary to popular belief I have not been watching much daytime TV. Well, maybe the occasional Family Feud; but no Soaps and no Sitcoms. I have been entertained by visits from friends and relatives, reading baby books and trashy magazines, keeping my brain tuned with sudoku and other crossword activity books, occasional floats in the pool (approved by my doctor to take the stress off my achy limbs) and finally I've been watching MOVIES!

Two sets of close friends went in on a gift subscription to Netflix for us. Jon and I have been enjoying 3 new (new to us) movies about every couple days. I say YEAH to Netflix! Since I am on bed rest and can only leave the house to go to my doctor’s appointments it is extremely convenient to rent my movies via the Internet. Netflix is so simple. You can browse the catalog of movie titles from new releases to old flicks in all genres and select which ones you want to add to your queue. Then the top three choices on the list are sent to your mailbox. After you are done watching them you just simply return them in the pre-paid envelope provided by Netflix and drop them in the outgoing mail. As soon as the Netflix distribution center receives your returned movies they mail out the next three movies in your queue. Movies are received within 1 day. It is so fast.

If you are bored with HBO, Cinemax and Showtime movies, then you might consider getting caught up on your movies too and getting a Netflix subscription. I hear that Blockbuster offers something similar.

No comments: