Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Mikayla is 15 weeks old today. We took her for her 3 month pictures last week. I had it timed perfectly but Sears was running an hour behind on portrait sessions so that threw off our schedule a little. We got a couple smiles out of her though and a few cute pictures before she started spitting up and screaming.

What is she doing at 3 and a half months... well, she is nearly rolling over. She is strong with her legs and pushing off on everything. When I come to her room in the morning I always laugh at where she ends up in her crib, which is rarely ever where she started out. I think before long she will be rolling over. She hates tummy time and usually starts screaming after a few minutes so we put her on her play mat or in her bouncy seat. She is strong enough to hold her head up now so we have attempted to put her in the exercise saucer, but she is still too small for it. She can also sit in the bumbo for a few minutes before she gets the gangsta lean and tips to one side. Funny to watch.

Her favorite play time is on the play mat where she can listen to music and play with all the toys that dangle in her face. She starts talking a lot and it is fun to listen to her. We'll usually sneak over and watch her too and when she sees our faces she smiles instantly. It just warms our hearts to see her so happy!

She has recently found her hands and is grabbing at toys. She also puts them and her fingers in her mouth a lot. Her hair is still crazy and sticks up. I think she might be ready for her first hair cut! Some of it is falling out in the back because she is more active and moving around a lot. There are a few little bald spots.

Here are the pictures from our Sears portrait session last week.


1 comment:

Simpsons said...

Love the new pics!!! I can't wait to take some of her and Sophie together next week! Can't wait to see you guys!!