Friday, February 6, 2009

Big Willie's Birthday

When I read the advertisement for white labs I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Jon wanted a dog so bad and I was very resistant to the "responsibility" of being a pet owner. Going to pick out a dog can be quite the emotional experience. When I saw the pile of puppies all snuggled up to each other (they had just eaten and were falling asleep), I immediately fell in love. They were all white puff balls, so snugly and cute. Of course I knew that Jon wanted a male dog and I didn't have much choice in the matter because there was only one male left among the seven females. To this day I wonder if he was the runt and no one wanted him, but I thank my lucky stars that he was there and waiting for me to pick him. He was a surprise gift to Jon for his birthday. I got him at 10 weeks old. The little rascal got into so much trouble in those first few weeks and months and we've had our share of funny stories (the beach) and trying times (the surgery). But to those of you who know our Willie dog, you know that he is the love of our lives and is without a doubt the BEST dog ever. Today is his birthday. He is 6 years old and going strong. We are excited to be celebrating another year with him and we are looking forward to what this 6th year holds in store for us with our favorite son Willie. Happy 6th Birthday Willie, thanks for putting up with our shenanigans when we parade you around.

No comments: