Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Weekend fun

We spent Memorial Weekend having fun in the sun in Gilbert Arizona. No trips planned, just low key and close to home kind of fun! Miss Mikayla Rebel is starting to love the water. Summer is here. It is officially HOT in Arizona. Last week it was 110 degrees Fahrenheit. We will be spending our summer in the pool! I am now looking into infant swim lessons for her. We'd like to start her immediately.

She'll be 7 months old on June 1. She is rolling over and sitting up on her own. She has two teeth and still lots of hair. She's wearing 9 month clothes too. She's big, coming in at 94th percentile in height and 97th percentile in weight for infant girls. Her eyes are still blue-ish. Wonder what color they will be? We are starting to see a little bit of separation anxiety, she definitely likes to be held. Maybe she gets a better view from up above. Sure things that will get her smiling are Willie and the baby Einstein duck hand puppet. Next up... Jon and I started sign language with her. I wonder if it will stick?

Swimming at Tony and Jen's house on Monday May 25, Memorial Day.
Wearing her bathing suit and ball cap from her Nana (in Georgia).Showing off her chipmunk cheeks!

2 comments:

Simpsons said...

These are adorable!! She looks SO grown up!! I wish you guys lived here and she could do swim lessons with us!! Miss you guys!

Michelle Moser Photography said...

She is so gorgeous! And she's sitting up on her own?! Let me know if you still want to do pictures...or if you would rather wait til the end of summer when it's cooler. I'm up and running with my business now...but I'll still do yours for free since we already talked about it! :)