Mikayla turned 6 months on May 1. She is finally sitting up on her own and doesn't fall over anymore. We still can't get her to lay on her stomach without starting to scream after a few minutes. But when she is laying on her back she uses her legs to push herself and ends up spinning herself around. Her hair is finally starting to relax a little bit, but on a rare occasion we still get that peacock look. She is starting to get one tooth on the bottom. I felt jagged peaks in her gums this afternoon. That explains why she is drooling a lot and biting down on anything she can stick in her mouth.
I started feeding her in the portable highchair (strapped to one of the kitchen chairs). She sits there and plays with toys until her food is ready and then like a baby bird she opens her mouth for the spoon. She is getting very good at this. She is eating vegetables and fruit. Her menu now includes rice cereal, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, sweet peas, applesauce and bananas. I try and home make all of her baby food. Cooking and pureeing and freezing in ice cube trays....soooooo easy and affordable!
She has her 6-month doctors appointment in 2 weeks and we'll find out how tall she is and how much she weighs. I'm guessing we'll get another *Up* arrow for height. She is fitting into 6-9 month clothes now. She loves Willie and she loves all of her toys. She is spinning herself around in the exercise saucer. We're getting lots of smiles and laughs out of her every day.
3 comments:
Yeah! She's sitting up! Let's do pictures!
She's getting so grown up!! I miss you guys!
Those must have been some awesome sweet peas, that video is hilarious!!! :) Love, The Traugott 5
Post a Comment